In a world of binding bras,
there’s finally an ‘Ahhh…’ bra
Gentle Bra, invented by a cancer survivor, it’s made of easy-care, breathable, 100% cotton interlock, with no closures, under bands, cups or elastic straps to rub and irritate. Just slip it on or step into it — it cradles your breasts with light support.
Gentle Bra is an ideal surgical recovery bra, as the smooth fabric and minimal seams protect tender areas as they heal. This nurse and doctor-recommended bra can benefit women who are:
- Recuperating from thoracic surgery of breast or lung cancer; heart, kidney or liver surgery; cancer treatments and radiation burns; or back burns
- Healing from surgery on shoulders, rotary cuffs or upper back
- Afflicted with shingles or arthritis
- Undergoing breast reduction or augmentation
- Pregnant: Can be used as a sleep bra during pregnancy
- Wheelchair-bound, bothered by under band friction rash
- Elderly and in need of assistance getting dressed
Gentle Bra can be customized to any measurements. And for the price, you’ll want more than one to comfort you all day and throughout the night.
Gentle Bra Comfort Features
of Gentle Bra was created specifically with post-surgical comfort in mind.
Ingenious design means pure comfort
- Top-to-bottom stretch maintains gentle support while ensuring it won’t become loose across the back as the day wears on
- Solid shoulder-and-body panel construction lends a smooth fit without pressure on shoulder nerves and muscles
- ‘Open hammock’ supports each breast and prevents skin-on-skin contact
- No under band to dig into rib cage to irritate tender tissue
- Smooth one-way stretch cotton protects tissue and medication
Easy to wear and easy to put on
- No hooks to fasten, straps to adjust or elastic bands to rub and pinch
- Step into it and slide it up your bare legs
- Pull it over your head without needing to lift both arms — a must for women recovering from lymph node, breast or shoulder surgery
- The material is inter-lock cotton, this is an important factor.
100% cotton washes like a dream
- Baby soft 100% cotton interlock is perfect for women allergic to synthetic fabrics
- Just toss it in the washer and dryer
- Tests in a hot dryer resulted in minimal shrinkage
- The label is on the outside back of the bra, to ensure no skin irritation.
In 2003, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. As you can imagine, I was devastated, but vowed to keep a positive attitude and survive the cancer. The illness was challenging enough — but the radiation — the pain was unbearable! One of the most difficult challenges was staying comfortable after incurring burns from the ongoing treatment. I couldn't find a bra that didn't chafe and rub.
Drawing upon a lifetime of experience as a designer of women's clothing, I decided to create a comfortable bra that would be gentle to my body, and the Gentle-Bra was born.
Although I’m proud of my creation, the most important result for me has been the thank you notes and calls from women saying they have finally found relief by wearing my brassiere.
As a breast cancer survivor, my enthusiasm for life has only expanded, and I consider my experience a great gift. I want to share with other women who may be suffering as I did, the power of staying positive and never loosing hope. And of course, offer comfort, even if it’s as simple as Gentle Bra.
Colors available are Beige, White, Black and Pink
Virginia's Feminine Boutique Custom Fit Bras
She discovered Gentle Bra after back and lung surgery.
For two months, after breast reduction and reconstruction due to medical needs, she experienced great pain and could not wear any bra until she tried on Gentle Bra.
Radiation Oncology Nurse
She gave up wearing bras saying they’ve never been comfortable
Select your Gentle Bra
How to Measure
- Include your cup size so we can ensure that our ‘hammock’ will support and accommodate your breasts
- If your measurement is larger than 38”, we recommend calling us for a personal consultation before ordering
Gentle Bra is made right here in the U.S.A., of fine cotton imported from Canada. Each is hand cut by Dorothy's daughter Rebecca, and then hand sewn by members of her quilting guild. We strive to keep our price affordable, so you can enjoy our comfort, every day.
|Ribcage Measurement||Gentle Bra Size||Price|
|29” – 30”||XS (Extra-small)||$39.95|
|31” – 32”||S (Small)||$39.95|
|33” – 34”||M (Medium)||$39.95|
|35” – 36”||L (Large)||$39.95|
|37” – 38”||XL (Extra-large)||$39.95|
|39” – 41”||2XL||$39.95|
|42" - 43"||3XL||$39.95|
|44" - 45"||4XL||$39.95|
|46" & Up||Custom||$49.95|